What is a Trades Equivalency Assessment?
If a person has extensive work experience and training in the horticultural industry from Ontario or another province, territory or country, they can have their skills compared to the Ontario Apprenticeship Program for equivalency assessment.
The Trade Equivalency Assessment (TEA) process assesses the applicant’s skills base. If the applicant meets all the training requirements of that apprenticeship, they will qualify to apply for the Certificate of Qualification exam.
What is the Application Process?
- The applicant will review the Trades Equivalency Application Guide to find out if they qualify for the assessment. As a reference tool, the applicant can compare their knowledge base to the skills in the Training Standard for the Apprenticeship Program.
– T.E.A. Application Guide
– Application Guide and Form
– Training Standard: Horticultural Technician Apprenticeship (PDF)
- The applicant will complete, print and sign the Skilled Trades Ontario (STO formerly OCOT ) Trades Equivalency Application and attach all necessary documents of proof to the application.
– T.E.A. Application STO (PDF)
- The applicant will submit their application to Skilled Trades Ontario with their assessment fee of $235 +HST ($265.55).
Skilled Trades Ontario
PO Box 20009 RPO Bay Adelaide
Toronto, Ontario M5H 0A1
Toll free: 1-855-299-0028
Application Submission: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Questions: email@example.com
- Skilled Trades Ontario, formerly Ontario College of Trades, will assess the application for equivalency.
- Skilled Trades Ontario will contact the applicant with their decision.
For More Information:
Skilled Trades Ontario T.E.A.