When Do I have to Re-register as an Apprentice?
- When you did not pay your Ontario College of Trades Membership within the allotted 30 days, and your Training Agreement has been cancelled with the Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities (MTCU).
- When you are a registered apprentice and you begin work for a new employer.
How Do You Re-Register?
- The Apprentice will print, complete and scan the following document — Employee Contact Form (PDF)
- The apprentice will have their current/new employer print, complete and scan the following document — Employer Contact Form (PDF)
- The apprentice will email the documents from steps 1 & 2 to the LO Apprenticeship Program Coordinator, along with their 7 digit Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities Client ID Number (this number can be found on the apprentice’s original Training agreement that was signed with the Ministry – THIS IS NOT the apprentice’s Ontario College of Trades number).
- The LO Apprenticeship Coordinator will submit the re-registration paperwork on behalf of the apprentice and employer.
- The Apprentice, will be issued a new Training Agreement from the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities – the apprentice and employer will sign and return the document to the Ministry.
- The Apprentice will ensure they are up to date with their Ontario College of Trades membership.