What is the Ontario College of Trades (OCOT)?
The Ontario College of Trades (OCOT) is an industry driven, professional regulatory body that protects the public and develops the skilled trades. For more information on the roles and responsibilities of OCOT, click here
Apprentices must maintain their membership with OCOT throughout the duration of their apprenticeship. To be in good standing, Apprentices will become a member with OCOT and pay a yearly fee.
How Do you Become a Member?
***Before becoming a member of OCOT, the Apprentice applicant must be registered with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities***
1) The applicant will complete, print and sign the OCOT Member Application as an Apprentice Candidate
2) The applicant will attach the membership payment of $67.80 ($60.00 plus HST) to the Application (this is an annual fee)
- Payment can be: Credit Card, Cheque or Money Order
3) The applicant will submit the Membership Application and payment to the Ontario College of Trades
4) After a few weeks, the applicant can check their status on the Ontario College of Trades Public Registry