Why Become an Employer Sponsor in the Apprentice Program?
Successful employers told the Canadian Apprenticeship Forum (CAF) that …“success usually depends on the quality of the workforce.” So it makes sense for business owners to invest in creating and sustaining a more skilled workforce that is competent and recognized. That is why many employers invest in Apprenticeship training.
“On average, employers receive a benefit of $1.47 for every $1 invested in apprenticeship training.” (CAF).
Apprenticeship is truly a gift. If you are aspiring to build a better landscape horticulture workforce to meet demand take advantage in this gift by registering your staff in the Horticulture Technician Apprenticeship Program. It is a Red Seal Program and there are a number of benefits for employer sponsors and apprentices.
Roles and Responsibility of an Employer Sponsor
- To register the company/individual as an Employer Sponsor with the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD)
- To register apprentices
- To provide a safe workplace
- To provide a training mentor committed to providing the necessary training on a variety of tasks
- To complete the training standard log book as apprentice achieves the competencies
- To release the apprentice for the in-class training